HireVue is an online interviewing service that uses AI (Artificial Intelligence) and IO (Industrial-Organizational) psychology. The software records your interview and analyzes data points found in the video interview to predict future job performance of candidates. Talent Acquisition departments rely on this service as a screening tool to improve their hiring practices and their ability to identify top talent. As a job applicant, HireVue provides you with an opportunity to present a fuller picture of yourself early in the process in a way that a resume or phone call cannot. This is a chance to show your personality, drive and work ethic at a time and place that is convenient and relaxing to you. Below are a few key items to help you prepare for a HireVue interview.
Requirements (one of the following):
- A computer with Adobe Flash Player (click here) to download the most recent version) and webcam (USB or built-in)
- A smart phone or other device with a camera
Log into the Interview (one of the following):
- Click the Start Interview Setup button which will be sent via email
- Download the HireVue App from iTunes to your iPad or iPhone
- Visit app.hirevue.com and enter the interview code sent via email
What to Expect:
- Practice Time: Once you access HireVue’s online portal, you will have an opportunity to practice with some sample questions. During the practice time, you will be able to record yourself and then watch. Use this time to adjust the volume settings. This practice is a great chance to make certain you appear professional, polished and prepared.
- Actual Interview: There will be three to four questions. You will have 30 seconds to prepare for each question, and up to 3 minutes to answer. You can finish early, but you do not get extra time. The whole process, including preparation, will take around 20 minutes.
Watch These Videos:
- About HireVue services: https://www.hirevue.com/resources/how-video-interviews-uncover-top-talent
- How to Ace a HireVue Video Interview : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-j3Ja8wTiA
- Video Interview Tips: https://talhealthcare.com/tips-for-skype-interview-video/
Reading and Research:
- How to: https://www.hirevue.com/blog/how-to-take-a-hirevue-interview
- More on HireVue: https://www.hirevue.com/
- Skype Interview Tips: https://talhealthcare.com/9-secrets-for-a-successful-skype-interview/ (although this isn’t a Skype interview, many of the same tips apply here)
- The kinds of questions to expect: https://talhealthcare.com/10-answers-to-the-most-frequently-asked-interview-questions/
- More Interview Tips: https://talhealthcare.com/job-seeker-resources/
Kathy Lin, Marketing Communications Manager
Kathy writes content for Tal Healthcare, a healthcare career website. She has a background in recruiting, sales, and teaching. She holds a BA in Biology from the University of Vermont. When she isn’t writing you can find her outside running, skiing or biking.