A National Campaign to Celebrate HealthCare Heroes.
Tal Healthcare is proud to partner with many health centers in the Northeast. Across the United States, health centers serve more than 27 million Americans.
Health centers have compiled a significant record of success that includes:
- Producing $24 billion in annual health system savings
- Reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and unnecessary visits to the emergency room
- Treating patients for a fraction of the average cost of one emergency room visit
- Maintaining patient satisfaction levels of nearly 100 percent
- Serving more than one in six Medicaid beneficiaries for less than two percent of the national Medicaid budget
- Lowering the cost of children’s primary care by approximately 35 percent
The heroes who work at health centers and help make affordable healthcare possible for people in need are at the center of the year’s National Health Center Week, August 12-18. More than 205,000 people work at health centers in positions that include clinicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, dentists, dental hygienists, behavioral health specialists, and much more. Working together, these healthcare heroes produce innovative solutions to the most pressing healthcare issues in their communities. They reach beyond the walls of conventional medicine to address the factors that may cause sickness, such as lack of nutrition, mental illness, homelessness and substance use disorders. It is their work that has helped reduce healthcare costs and chronic disease.
To learn more about National Health Center Week and a listing of events please visit:www.healthcenterweek.org. You can also follow the conversation using #NHCW18 on Twitter.
Kathy Lin, Marketing Communications Manager
Kathy writes content for Tal Healthcare, a healthcare career website. She has a background in recruiting, sales, and teaching. She holds a BA in Biology from the University of Vermont. When she isn’t writing you can find her outside running, skiing or biking.